Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Rehoboam and the Palestinians

"Rehoboam. Fragment of Wall Painting from Basel Town Hall Council Chamber, by Hans Holbein the Younger."
Licensed under Public Domain via Commons

The young men who had grown up with him replied, “These people have said to you, ‘Your father put a heavy yoke on us, but make our yoke lighter.’ Now tell them, ‘My little finger is thicker than my father’s waist. My father laid on you a heavy yoke; I will make it even heavier. My father scourged you with whips; I will scourge you with scorpions.’"
1 Kings 12:10-11

These days the feeling is even stronger than before that political leaders and IDF have chosen the way of Rehoboam while dealing with the Palestinians.

Unfortunately, the decision of King Rehoboam to follow the advise of young men against the political wisdom of the elderly led to disastrous results and the division of the Kingdom into two states. Israel and Judea.

No comments:

Post a Comment